Shane St. Clair has over 35 years of maritime experience, 26 years holding a 100-ton masters license with sail and
towing endorsement. Shane put himself through college by promoting marine manufacturers with projects like his "Voyage Through America".
This 5000-mile solo voyage around the eastern half of America gave his sponsor over a million dollars worth of publicity in magazine, newspaper
and television coverage. Shane earned a B.A. in Management and Organizational Leadership from George Fox University and his Masters license
from the US Coast Guard. He spent four years captaining a 71' aluminum sailing catamaran in the San Francisco Bat area that delivered medical and dental services in the
remote Pacific and Youth Sailing Programs in the Summer. He became the organization's development director in 1992.
The next nine years he raised over six million dollars for non-profit organizations at Canvasback, later as the President of Search for One,
Inc., and as a Senior Manager for the United Way in Portland, Oregon. He also achieved the professional certification, CFRE
(Certified Fund Raising Executive). In 2001 he captained the "Stanhaven" through the Caribbean for the production of the reality television
series "Dream Chasers" for five- time Emmy award winning Director, Lee Stanley. Shane has spoken at graduations, events, corporate audiences
and has been featured in over 100 newspapers, magazines and television spots for his unique voyages. He won a Toastmasters International
speech contest and has worked with over 30 sponsors during his voyages. Shane was a Captain for the 150' Dinner cruise ship "Portland Spirit",
an ASA Certified Sailing Instructor (through ASA 205), an ABYC Certified Marine Electrician, and, since 2013, has been the commander
of Scovare's fleet of power and sailing vessel for their unique sailing tours and group boating expeditions. Shane is also an ordained minister who specializes in on board weddings.
Shane was born in Salem and now lives with his wife, Christy and daughters, Amber and Emma, and son, Soren in Portland Oregon.
Small Boat Voyages
- 1,000 mile, solo voyage to Cabo San Lucas and exploration of the Sea of Cortez aboard a 20' Newport, 1984.
- Six month, 5,000 mile solo "Voyage Through America" around or through 16 eastern states, two countries and one province aboard a 550 pound, 6" draft, 21' Sea Pearl ketch, 1986.
- 28 day solo Pacific crossing of 2,500 miles to Hawaii aboard an 18' Catalina, 1987.
- 300-mile circumnavigation of the largest and smallest of California's Channel Islands on a 16' open boat, 1988
- Four month, 3,000 mile circumnavigation of the NE U.S. and SE Canada aboard a 19' WWPotter, 1989.
- Four years and over 5,000 miles as Captain of the 71' catamaran "Canvasback" throughout the Pacific, 1991-1994
- 1800 mile passage from Seward, Alaska to Seattle, Washington as mate on the Klondike, an 81' catamaran, 1994
- 2000 miles on a 26' sloop from the Marshall Islands to Tarawa and through the Republic of Kiribati, 1996-1997
- 2,000 miles as Captain of a 53' Ketch from Florida, through the Bahamas and to the Virgin Islands, 2001
- 3,000 miles through out the Atlantic as Captain of the Oyster 53 "Golden Pearl" 2009
- 3,000 mile voyage down the west coast and then a 15 day passage to Kauai, Hawaii on a Cheoy Lee 38, 2013
- Shane has sailed hundreds of shorter voyages and deliveries and is willing and able to deliver your vessel anywhere in the world you would like it to be.